3 Great Things About NOT Working in Israel
As a career counselor in Tel Aviv, Israel… this is a topic that comes up quite often. So I want to talk about the upside of being unemployed in Israel to expand your mind… and share 3 Great Things About NOT Working in Israel.
You are in the perfect place to look back, reflect on your work history, and enjoy a short vacation while you do. Ask yourself, what was the best job I ever had?
Then, what exactly did you like about it? The answers will benefit you as you go forward on your job hunt.
You can consciously gather all of the skills you have generated in your past in order to combine them for your future. You probably have twice as many valuable skills than you think.
Try to come up with as many as you can, and then list them out.
If you are brave enough, you can decide to re-evaluate your life and direction you the direction it’s been going. So many of us want to travel and see the world, but the greatest journey we will ever take will be inward.
Combine your current knowledge, skills, and potential for personal growth to open yourself to the variety of jobs you could do. The combination of these three things is massive, especially if you have invested the time into reading this.
You are clearly motivated, smart, and capable.
You are at a point where you can choose what your next step is. The fork in the road. Many people who currently working in Israel have jobs truly believe they have no choice, you should be grateful for knowing you do.
In Israel, how many jobs are looking for people right now? THOUSANDS.
In Israel, how many companies could benefit from the skills you currently have? THOUSANDS.
Fact – The amount of occupational options you have right now, are only as limited as your vision.
3. New Adventures Await
No matter what kind of job you want to find in Israel, once you start the path of the job hunter you are stepping into the “mist”. The excitement of the unknown is upon you, and you can decide to look at this truth as a glass half-full or half empty.
Which perspective, and what perspective do you think will benefit you most during this time in your life? Is it better to have a positive or negative outlook on things when thinking about working in Israel?
Have you heard of something bad being good? Perhaps a sickness, a breakup, a loss, and a change that was hard at the time but ended up being a blessing in disguise? A massive payoff at the end of a massive struggle.
Who’s to say that your current unemployed situation is precisely that?
Don’t forget that a job is just a job. You were looking before your last job, and you survived. You will find a job eventually. Make sure it’s a job that will help you grow as a person.
Why? Because the skills you gain and what you learn cannot be taken away from you when your next job ends. After that, you will be looking for another job, and after that, you will need to find another job.
Life is a long and great adventure… and don’t you forget it!
Just in case, here is a link to a Career Quiz I made for people just like you: https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/free-career-quiz-for-job-hunters/
You see, I’ve been living in Tel Aviv for 10+ years and I know it can be a struggle living here as a foreigner. Finding a job, living a happy life, and developing great relationships… are not always easy to do.
I remember the day I arrived in Israel I had NO money – NO friends – and NO job.
So, how did I go from that point to becoming a life coach (קואצ’ינג לחיים) and career coach (אימון אישי לקריירה)?
Here is my story:
About seven years ago (and after 15+ years of soul-searching), I had a powerful self-realization that I was put here on this planet to teach and to share the knowledge I have.
Moreover, after this powerful revelation hit me I began to feel a powerful inner calling. A relentless voice inside of me saying, “I have to open my own consulting business”.
At this point, I had a full time job working for a high-tech company so on my day off, I found an accountant. Then I hired him and had him file the proper paperwork to open a sales training company with the government.
I never thought that I would open my own business in Israel… but I did!
I decided to name my sales training company Sales Development Israel, and I began to use all of my spare time before work and after work creating training materials, and trying to acquire clients.
In addition, I was sending emails and cold calling companies in Tel Aviv, Herzliya, Ramat Gan, Jerusalem, Bat Yam, and Holon.
I was working like a maniac and doing everything in my power to generate momentum. Great news is that I was able to find my first few clients!
However, something I immediately noticed was at the conclusion of my sales training workshops, two things would happen consistently happen:
Firstly, I would receive feedback that my sales training workshops were providing massive value for the sales team.
This meant that the companies were happy with the service I provided… which was nice to know.
Secondly, one or two of the students in the courses would privately approach me. These students would speak with me about their struggles not only in sales, but also in their lives.
Then one time, a female student offered to pay me for a one-on-one session outside of the office. As a struggling entrepreneur, I accepted.
She asked me to help her learn how to communicate more effectively, and to help her figure out a better career path. We developed a plan, strategized, and executed.
Another student, at another company, approached me and offered to pay me for my time to help prepare him for a job interview. We developed a plan, strategized, and executed.
Yes, he was planning to leave the sales job that he was at and yes, I helped him to do so.
Similarly, another student from another workshop, at another company, asked me to help them build their inner-confidence. We developed a plan, strategized, and executed.
This would happen again, and again…
Each of these wonderful people I began to work one-on-one with, had their own unique challenge, and asked me for help. Each time we developed a plan, strategized, and executed.
They all knew that I was not certified or professionally trained, and still they would approach me, and offer to pay me for my time.
These first clients would call me their “Life Coach” or “Career Counselor“, and I was able to help them!
At the conclusion of our 3 to 5 one-on-one sessions, they each had taken took massive steps forward towards the results they wanted.
Each time we developed a plan, strategized, and executed successfully!
Most people set out to become a trained and certified life coach (קואצ’ר , אימון אישי) or career counselor before ever having a client.
However, I never said I wanted to be a life coach (אימון אישי לחיים) or a career counselor… this interesting and fulfilling profession came to me, literally.
Furthermore, after all these years, I’m happy to say I have helped hundreds of people just like you!
Free Downloads Below!
- The Employment Israel Workshop Series – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/employment-israel-2/
- LinkedIn Job Hunting Secrets Guide – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/linkedin-job-finding-secrets-guide/
- Facebook Job Hunting Secrets Guide – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/free-2020-facebook-secrets-guide/
- Career Quiz – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/free-career-quiz-for-job-hunters/
Check Out Some of my YouTube Videos!
- How to Find a English Speaking Job in Israel, and Career Counseling YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03FjRpqceIA7i2ZGXDGmfRNQHAqgB1rL
- Tips and Advice on Moving to Israel, Making Aliyah to Israel, and Getting an Israeli Visa YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03FjRpqceIDi91vI6PJH1AVdjX4xngoJ
This article was titled: 3 Great Things About NOT Working in Israel
Here is a list (below) of articles on how to find a job in Israel that will really, really help you!
How to get unemployment benefits in Israel –
- How to get unemployment benefits in Israel – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/understanding-unemployment-benefits-in-israel/
- What you need to know about working in Israel – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/heres-what-you-really-need-to-know-about-working-in-israel/
- The best ways to find a job in Israel – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-best-ways-to-find-a-job-in-israel/
- How to find a job in Israel using the internet? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-find-a-job-in-israel-using-the-internet/
- How to find an English speaking job in Israel? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-find-an-english-speaking-job-in-israel/
- How to find a job in Israel as a student? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-find-a-job-in-israel-as-a-student/
- How to write a CV for the Israeli job market? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-write-a-cv-for-the-israeli-job-market/
- How to find a job in Israel? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/finding-a-job-in-israel/
- The job hiring process in Israel – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-hiring-process-in-israel/
- The job interview process in Israel – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-job-interview-process-in-israel/
- How to find a job in Israel using LinkedIn? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-find-a-job-in-israel-using-linkedin/
- How to find a job in Israel even if you don’t have experience? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-find-a-job-in-israel-even-if-you-dont-have-experience/
- The best 5 cities to look for a job in Israel – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-five-best-cities-to-look-for-a-job-in-israel/
- The best way to start a new job in Israel –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-best-way-to-start-a-new-job-in-israel/
- The best job opportunity in Israel for English speakers –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-best-job-opportunity-in-israel-for-english-speakers/
- The best websites to use to find an English speaking job in Israel –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-best-websites-to-use-to-find-an-english-speaking-job-in-israel/
- Things you absolutely must have to find a job in Israel –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/things-you-must-have-to-find-a-job-in-israel-2/
- Three tips to ace your job interview in Israel –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/3-tips-to-ace-your-job-interview-in-israel/
- The 3 hardest things about find a job in Israel –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/3-hardest-things-about-finding-a-job-in-israel-2/
- How to use LinkedIn networking to find an English speaking job in Israel? –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-use-linkedin-networking-to-find-an-english-speaking-job-in-israel/
- How to look for a job in Israel? – https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/looking-for-a-job-in-israel/
- The fastest way to find an English speaking job in Israel –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/the-fastest-ways-to-find-a-english-speaking-job-in-israel/
- How to find a job in Israel using Facebook? –https://www.claudemasseyconsulting.org/how-to-find-a-job-in-israel-using-facebook/